19 Interesting Argumentative Essay Topics Related To Education
There are many ways in which you can develop topics and titles for an argumentative essay related to education. However, the topics and titles that you choose to use for your argumentative essay will largely depend upon what you are studying. For example, if you are training to become a teacher then you may wish to look at any issues that teachers have to face, and then base your educational essay on one of these issues.
Alternatively, if you are looking at education from a political point of view or in terms of economics, then you may take a completely different approach. For example, you may wish to examine whether or not education should be free for everyone at all ages, and how this benefits the economy. Alternatively, you may wish to discuss various aspects relating to politics and schools, such as whether or not it is right to ban religion in schools.
For some further ideas of interesting argumentative essay topics related to education, you may wish to look at the list below.
- Should schoolchildren be required to learn a second or even third language from a young age?
- Should children go to school from a younger age?
- Should students have to do as much homework as they currently do?
- Should teachers be required to perform regular tests to ensure that they are up to the job?
- Should lessons be made shorter and more frequent, so as to help students study?
- Should the school day start and finish earlier or later?
- Should parents have a more active role in the education of the children?
- Do teachers deserve such long holidays?
- Should students be rewarded for good attendance records?
- Should corporal punishment be used to help teach discipline to young students?
- Should schools make more useful the latest technology, such as laptops and tablets, to help develop the education and understanding that young people have when it comes to modern technology?
- Should students be separated so as to study in single-sex classes?
- Should compulsory education be changed so that students stay in school until they are older?
- Should higher education be available for free for everybody?
- Should schools introduce practical subjects that will be of more use to certain students when they are older?
- Should schools abolish exams and testing?
- Should schools be made more accountable for bad results achieved by the students?
- Should failing schools be more heavily punished?
- Should American teachers or security personnel who protect schools in the United States be armed?